Nordic Gold Oy (formely Nordic Mines Oy) started mining operations at the Laiva mine from 1 August 2018.
Mining blasts will usually be carried out on weekdays from 12:00 to 14:00 and in exceptional circumstances at other times.
Production activities will increase mining traffic in the Laivakangas area.
For more information please call 044 4229 600
We are ramping up the Laiva Gold Mine and looking to recruit the core team of the Mine within the next weeks.
Laiva Gold Mine is owned by Nordic Gold Oy. Nordic Gold acquired the Laiva Gold Mine in 2018 and their plan is to return Laiva pits and plant to production in August 2018. Dewatering started in January 2018 and infill drilling started in February 2018. All necessary infrastructure is currently in place. Skilled and educated workforce was one of the main reasons for Nordic Gold to invest to this Finnish mine. There is also a strong mining heritage and world class infrastructure in Finland. Finland was rated the Worlds top mining jurisdiction by Fraser Institute in 2017.
We are currently recruiting professionals to key positions.
Are you interested in joining us? Please check below all the current open opportunities:
You will for example develop and utilize Standard Job Plans for routine maintenance activities, continually review, and seek feedback and optimize resources, parts, tooling, task list, safety information, risk assessment.
We are looking for a maintenance planner to work for our gold mine near to Raahe.
- Develop and utilize Standard Job Plans for routine maintenance activities.
- Continually review, and seek feedback
- Optimize resources, parts, tooling, task list, safety information, risk assessment and staging approach related to standard job plans
- Uphold the maintenance planning system, and ensure that it's up-to-date
- Review and approve invoices for payment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Five (5) years of maintenance planning in mining, industrial or construction experience
- Previous experience in Maintenance Planning using a computerized Maintenance Planning Systems
- Ability to work from blueprints and drawings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent safety and attendance record
- Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Finnish and English
Fluency in the English language is mandatory as it is the working language of our company.